The Palace, built in the second half of the XIII century, was the residence of the city magistrates. The nearby tower of the noble Da Biserno family was incorporated in the Palace in the XIV century.
The façade features a coat of arms of the Medici, who annexed this territory to the Grand Duchy of Tuscany in 1555. On the left, a bas-relief by Urbano da Cortona dating back to the XV century. Inside the Palace are two commemorative plaques in memory of Giuseppe Garibaldi, honorary citizen of the city. Currently, the hall of the Municipal Palace houses Icaro, a sculpture donated by the great artist Igor Mitoraj. The office of the mayor is in the Priori Chapel
, decorated with frescoes in 1525.