The Cathedral of San Cerbone
The construction of the Cathedral of San Cerbonio began in the XI century, when the bishop of Populonia decided to build his residence on the hills of Monteregio.
The church, completed at the beginning of the XIV century, is one of the most significant example of Romanesque and Gotic style in Italy.
Many important artists of the time contributed to its splendour, Giovanni Pisano being the most prominent of them.
The interior of the Cathedral is home to many works of art: the Arca di San Cerbone
by Goro di Gregorio (1324), a baptismal font by Giraldo da Como (1267) and a Maestà
attributed to Duccio di Buoninsegna (1316).